Proud to celebrate more than 100 years of alloy innovation.
Haynes International is one of the world’s largest developer, manufacturer, and distributor of high-performance nickel- and cobalt-based alloys for use in high-temperature and corrosion applications. Our standard product forms include sheet and plate, bar and billet, seamless and welded pipe and tubing, wire and welding consumables, fittings and flanges.
Our Markets and Alloys
High-temperature alloys are used by manufacturers of equipment that is subjected to extremely high temperatures, such as jet engines for the aerospace market, gas turbine engines used for power generation and waste incineration, and industrial heating equipment.
Corrosion-resistant alloys are used in applications that require resistance to very corrosive media found in applications, such as chemical processing, power plant emissions control, hazardous waste treatment, sour gas production and pharmaceutical vessels.
Haynes International currently maintains a total of approximately 26 published U.S. patents and applications and approximately 309 foreign counterpart patents and applications targeted at countries with significant or potential markets for the patented products. We continue to develop, manufacture and test high-performance nickel- and cobalt-based alloys. Since fiscal year 2000, our technical programs have yielded nine new proprietary alloys, five of which are currently commercially available and four of which are being scaled-up to be brought to market.
Haynes International has manufacturing facilities in Kokomo, Indiana; Arcadia, Louisiana; and Mountain Home, North Carolina. The Kokomo facility specializes in flat products, the Arcadia facility specializes in tubular products and the Mountain Home facility specializes in high-performance wire products. Our products are distributed primarily through our direct sales organization, which includes service and/or sales centers in the United States, Europe and Asia. All of these centers are company-operated.
Kokomo, Indiana, USA
- Produces sheet, plate, strip/coil, bar, and billet.
- Located on approximately 180 acres of industrial property with more than 1.0 million square feet of building space.
- There are three sites consisting of: 1. Company headquarters and research laboratory (19,000 square feet of offices and laboratories and 90,000 square feet of paved storage area). 2. Primary and secondary melting, annealing furnaces, forge press and several smaller hot mills.
3. A four-high Steckel rolling mill and sheet product cold working equipment, including two cold strip mills. All alloys and product forms other than tubular and wire goods are produced in Kokomo Indiana.
Arcadia, Louisiana, USA
- Produces welded and seamless pipe and tubing.
- Located on approximately 42 acres of land, and includes 202,500 square feet of buildings on a single site. Manufacturing processes at Arcadia require cold pilger mills, weld mills, draw benches, annealing furnaces and pickling facilities.
Mountain Home, North Carolina, USA
- Produces wire and welding consumables.
- Located on approximately 29 acres of land, and includes approximately 100,000 square feet of building space.
Finished wire products are also warehoused at this facility.
Worldwide Sales Offices and Service Centers
Our products are distributed primarily through our direct sales organization, which includes worldwide service and/or sales centers. All of these centers are company-operated.
Our service centers stock and sell all product forms and contain equipment used for precision laser and water jet processing services that cut and shape products to customers’ precise specifications. Our LaPorte Custom Metal Processing center performs slitting, stretch leveling, blanking and cut-to-length operations for Haynes and other customers. Our sales office and service center locations are:
- Kokomo, Indiana
- LaPorte, Indiana
- Windsor, Connecticut
- Houston, Texas
- LaMirada, California
- Cambridge, Ontario
- Shanghai, China
- Tokyo, Japan
- Openshaw, United Kingdom
- Milan, Italy
- Paris, France
- Lenzburg, Switzerland
At Haynes International, we believe in investing time and dollars into local non-profit organizations. We are helping to make a positive impact in our community because of this teamwork and dedication
We actively support non-profit organizations where our employees and their families live and work. In addition to monetary contributions, many of our employees volunteer their time to serve those in the community. Haynes is proud to support many local, state, and national programs.